Inclusive Worship Publications
Suggested Scripture Passages
- Psalms 13 - "How long, O Lord?"
- Isaiah 40: 1-11 - "Comfort, for the exile is nearly over"
- Isaiah 42: 1-9 - "God's promise of justice for all people"
- Amos 5:21-24 - "Let justice roll down like water"
- Romans 8: 31-39 - "Nothing can separate us from the love of God"
- Galatians 3: 23-29 - "In Christ there is no longer Jew or Greek"
Calls to Worship
- "Faces and Facets" - text by Alan J. Hommerding
- "I Will Never Turn Away" - text by Richard Spalding
- "Though the Spirit's Gifts are Many" - text by David Gambrell
The above three hymns were three of four winning compositions in the 2002 Macalester Plymouth United Church's (St. Paul, MN) international contest for English-language hymn writers. Richard, David and Alan have graciously granted permission to include their hymns in our worship resources.
- "We Are Waiting" - music and text by Bob Thomas
Text and Vocal Music (pdf) -
Text with Accompaniment (pdf)
This is one of the favorite hymns of St. Luke Presbyterian Church in Wayzata, MN. Bob Thomas is a long-time member of St. Luke and has shared many of his compositions with the congregation. Bob has graciously granted permission to include his hymn in our worship resources.
- "Called As Partners In Christ's Service" - New Century Hymnal 495, Presbyterian Hymnal 343
- "Here I Am, Lord" - Presbyterian Hymnal 525
- "In the Midst of New Dimensions" - New Century Hymnal 391
- "We Limit Not the Truth of God" - New Century Hymnal 316
- "We Shall Not Give Up the Fight" - New Century Hymnal 437
- "We Shall Overcome" - New Century Hymnal 570
- "Weave" - Shaping Sanctuary 321
Litanies and Statements of Faith